|The mission of Fire Protection Education is to provide professional, quality and engaging education-- on the most current fire and life-safety codes -- for the fire protection and elevator safety community.|
20 years of extensive experience in Fire Protection Engineering: project management, code consulting, fire protection system design, code enforcement, code writing, code training.
CODE TRAINING EXPERIENCE
- Presenter, 2018 NFPA Conference and Expo, Las Vegas, NE. Topic: NFPA 72-2019, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code: Changes for Fire Service Access Elevators and Occupant Evacuation Elevators
- Presenter, 2017 NFPA Conference and Expo, Boston, MA. Topic: In Case of Fire -- USE the Elevators! A Case Study of The First U.S. Building with Occupant Evacuation Elevators and Occupant Evacuation Operation
- Presenter, 2015 SFPE North America Conference and Expo, Freedom to Design, Philadelphia, PA. Topic: Emergency Responders Radio Converge Systems (ERRCS) - Understanding 2012 IBC/IFC and 2013 NFPA 72 and NFPA 5000 Code Requirements from the Enforcement Agencies/ AHJ Perspective.
- Presenter, 2014 NFPA Conference and Expo, Las Vegas, NE. Topic: New Code Requirements for Fire Service Access Elevators (FSAE) and Occupant Evacuation Elevators (OEE)
- Presenter, 2014 SFPE International Conference and Expo, Long Beach, CA. Topic: New Code Requirements for Fire Service Access Elevators (FSAE) and Occupant Evacuation Elevators (OEE)
- Presenter, 2013 NFPA Conference and Expo, Chicago, IL. Topic: Interfacing Elevator Controls with Fire Alarm and Sprinkler Systems
- Presenter, California Automatic Fire Alarm Association, 19th State Agency Forum, Sacramento, CA. Topic: Two-Way Communications Systems - 2013 CBC/CFC and NFPA 72 Code Requirements..
- Presenter/Trainer, numerous Fire Protection classes to various professional organizations such as NFPA, SFPE, BOMA, CFPI, OSHPD, etc.
|2007- Present||Registered Professional Engineer in Fire Protection Engineering, State of California. California PE License # FP 1647.|
|2011- Present||Principal Enforcer Member, National Fire Protection Association, NFPA 72 - National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code - SIG-PRO Technical Committee.|
|2013 - Present||Contributing Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME A17.1, Hoistway Technical Committee.|
|2013 - Present||Contributing Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME A17.1, Emergency Operations Technical Committee.|
|2008 - 2009||President, Society of Fire Protection Engineers Northern California-Nevada chapter.|
|1999 - 2002||B.S. in Fire Protection Engineering |
University of Maryland, College Park
|1985 - 1987||A.A., Electrical Engineering |
Singalovsky College of Engineering, Israel