|The mission of Fire Protection Education is to provide professional, quality and engaging education-- on the most current fire and life-safety codes -- for the fire protection and elevator safety community.|
Sagiv Weiss-Ishai, P.E. is a California licensed Fire Protection Engineer, working for the San Francisco Fire Department (SFFD) as a code enforcer. Sagiv has 25 years of extensive experience in Fire Protection Engineering: project management, code consulting, fire protection system design, code enforcement, code writing and code training. Sagiv was appointed to the NFPA 72 Technical Committee SIG-PRO in September of 2012 as a Principal Member through the NFPA Code Enforcer program and is closely involved with the ongoing NFPA code development process including participation in Task Groups for Fire Service Access Elevators and Occupant Evacuation Elevators. Sagiv also serves as an AHJ member on the national elevator code ASME A17.1 Hoistway and Emergency Operations Technical Committees and served on the A17.1 Task Group for Occupant Evacuation Operation (OEO). Sagiv specialized in all aspects of fire alarm systems and elevators' interface with fire protection systems and has proposed many code changes, which were accepted, to NFPA 13, NFPA 72, NFPA 1225 and the ASME A17.1 Codes.
In 2016 Sagiv was appointed by the California State fire Marshal Office, to serve as an AHJ member on the California State Fire Alarm Code Advisory Committee and in May 2018 Sagiv was appointed to serve as the Fire Code Official on the California State - Building Fire and Other (BFO) Code Advisory Committee to the California Building Standards Commission.
25 years of extensive experience in Fire Protection Engineering: project management, code consulting, fire protection system design, code enforcement, code writing, code training.
CODE TRAINING EXPERIENCE
- Presenter, 2018 NFPA Conference and Expo, Las Vegas, NE. Topic: NFPA 72-2019, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code: Changes for Fire Service Access Elevators and Occupant Evacuation Elevators
- Presenter, 2017 NFPA Conference and Expo, Boston, MA. Topic: In Case of Fire -- USE the Elevators! A Case Study of The First U.S. Building with Occupant Evacuation Elevators and Occupant Evacuation Operation
- Presenter, 2015 SFPE North America Conference and Expo, Freedom to Design, Philadelphia, PA. Topic: Emergency Responders Radio Converge Systems (ERRCS) - Understanding 2012 IBC/IFC and 2013 NFPA 72 and NFPA 5000 Code Requirements from the Enforcement Agencies/ AHJ Perspective.
- Presenter, 2014 NFPA Conference and Expo, Las Vegas, NE. Topic: New Code Requirements for Fire Service Access Elevators (FSAE) and Occupant Evacuation Elevators (OEE)
- Presenter, 2014 SFPE International Conference and Expo, Long Beach, CA. Topic: New Code Requirements for Fire Service Access Elevators (FSAE) and Occupant Evacuation Elevators (OEE)
- Presenter, 2013 NFPA Conference and Expo, Chicago, IL. Topic: Interfacing Elevator Controls with Fire Alarm and Sprinkler Systems
- Presenter, California Automatic Fire Alarm Association, 19th State Agency Forum, Sacramento, CA. Topic: Two-Way Communications Systems - 2013 CBC/CFC and NFPA 72 Code Requirements..
- Presenter/Trainer, numerous Fire Protection classes to various professional organizations such as NFPA, SFPE, BOMA, CFPI, OSHPD, etc.
|2020 -||STP AHJ member on UL 2525|
|2018 - Present||CA State - AHJ member on the BFO advisory committee for the CBSC|
|2016 - Present||CA State - AHJ member on the CSFM Fire Alarm Code Advisory Committee|
|2007- Present||Registered Professional Engineer in Fire Protection Engineering, State of California. California PE License # FP 1647 works as AHJ and Senior FPE for SFFD|
|2011- Present||Principal Enforcer Member, National Fire Protection Association, NFPA 72 - National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code - SIG-PRO Technical Committee.|
|2013 - Present||Contributing Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME A17.1, Hoistway Technical Committee.|
|2013 - Present||Contributing Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME A17.1, Emergency Operations Technical Committee.|
|2008 - 2009||President, Society of Fire Protection Engineers Northern California-Nevada chapter.|
|1999 - 2002||B.S. in Fire Protection Engineering |
University of Maryland, College Park
|1985 - 1987||A.A., Electrical Engineering|